The Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) now has a stream specifically for Francophone applicants. Prospective Francophone nominees can apply to the program themselves if they are currently employed by an NWT employer or live abroad but have a valid job offer from an NWT employer.
Introducing a Francophone Stream is an action of ECE’s 2017-2022 Immigration Strategy to attract foreign nationals to the NWT whose skills are aligned with current workforce needs, and to increase francophone applications to the Nominee Program.
Through nominating foreign nationals via the NTNP, employers can maintain or grow their businesses by hiring and retaining quality staff members for jobs that are not able to be filled with NWT residents.
Through the online application process, foreign nationals must:
- Have a valid, full-time permanent job offer in the NWT.
- Have at least one year of full-time experience in the occupation for which they’re being nominated, or six months of full-time experience in the NWT in the occupation for which they’re being nominated.
- Have required territorial certification, licensing or accreditation of the specific trade or occupation for which they’re being nominated.
- Meet the language requirements in both English and French (Canadian Level Benchmark).
- Not be a refugee claimant.