La version française du site Web Immigration TNO sera bientôt disponible. Merci de votre patience.
Dans l'intervalle, téléphonez au 1-855-440-5450 ou écrivez à firstname.lastname@example.org pour obtenir de l'information. Merci.
A path to Permanent Residency: Build your business in Canada’s Northwest Territories.
Get the support you need to come to Canada's Northwest Territories and start your business.
About the program:
The Northwest Territories (NWT) Nominee Program offers a path to Canadian Permanent Residency for those interested in establishing or investing in a business in the NWT. All NWT economic sectors are eligible under the business stream of the program:
- Food and Dining
- Retail and Services
- Oil and Gas
Advantages of our program:
The application process for the NWT Nominee Program’s Business Stream can be faster than other programs in Canada because we generally have shorter wait lists. The NWT boasts warm and welcoming communities; this carries through to the personalized attention the NWT Nominee Program can offer during your application.
About the NWT:
The NWT is a place of many “firsts”: first time seeing the northern lights, first time walking on ice, first time canoeing, first time seeing snow, and many more. Our spectacular territory offers opportunities for your family in terms of education, jobs, healthcare and recreation, and the unique lifestyle makes adventure part of your daily life.
TEAM UP with the Northwest Territories Nominee Program Business Stream.
All you need is a working business concept and the desire to move to the Northwest Territories. Note: The steps outlined in this brochure are provided as summary. For more complete information on the application process, read the program guidelines.
Phase 1: Assessment
- Step 1: Meet the eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: Take a business trip to the Northwest Territories and interview with our friendly Nominee Program staff.
- Step 3: Submit your expression of interest, including a summary of your working business concept and what research you conducted during your trip to the NWT.
Phase 2: Application
- Step 4: Once invited, submit your formal application, including a detailed business plan.
- Step 5: Your application is reviewed by Nominee Program staff.
Phase 3: Approval
You will enter this phase if your application is approved.
- Step 6: Sign a Business Performance Agreement based on your submitted business plan.
- Step 7: Successfully manage your business and be accountable for day-to-day operations for approximately 20 months.
- Step 8: Apply for your permanent residency.
If all requirements are met, receive your nomination certificate.
The Northwest Territories is the third-largest Canadian province / territory with a total area of 1,346,106 sq. km. It has a population of approximately 44,500 people and its capital, Yellowknife, has the second highest rate of employment in the country at 67%. In winter, the average temperatures range between -20°C and -40°C, but in the summer, long hours of daylight bring much warmer temperatures that can range between 20°C and 30°C.
Toll Free: 1-855-440-5450 Email: email@example.com