The NWT Express Entry category is for Skilled Workers who have a profile in the Express Entry System, a federal program with expedited application times for skilled individuals who want to work and live in the NWT. This category is for occupations that fall under National Occupation Classication (NOC) TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3.
Express Entry helps employers to secure skilled employees by fast-tracking applications for permanent residency. When approved by the us, the candidate will receive 600 points within the Express Entry pool.
To be eligible for NWT Express Entry, a foreign national must meet the following criteria:
- be accepted into Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Express Entry Pool;
- have a profile registered in the Express Entry system;
- have a Job Seeker Validation Code;
- have a valid job offer from an NWT Employer;
- have one (1) year of full-time experience in the same or similar occupation they are being nominated for within the last 10 years;
- have the required certification or accreditation of the specific trade, occupation and NOC code Employment requirements;
- have the required work experience for the specific occupation as advertised and/or per the NOC code Employment requirements;
- meet the language requirement criteria; and
- not be a refugee claimant.
For further information about mandatory eligibility criteria you can refer to the program guidelines, or this FAQ on the Employer Driven Stream of the NTNP.
Watch this YouTube tutorial to help with your application: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hWXlbxNET4
The NWT Nominee Program’s Employer-Driven Stream is now accepting applications through an online portal found on the “Apply here” section of this website.
*Les employeurs qui présentent une demande en français doivent le faire sur papier, car le portail électronique n’est pas encore accessible en français.
Skilled Worker NWT Express Entry Checklist
Authorize or Cancel a Representative (Nominee)
Authorize or Cancel a Representative (Employer)
Employment Standards Verification Form