June 10, 2020 - NTNP Online Application Portal & Employer Driven Stream Guideline Updates
The new online application portal is now live on our www.immigratenwt.ca website. As of June 10, 2020 all applications will be submitted through our online portal. A three-month transition period, until September 10, 2020, will allow for both paper and online submissions.
In addition to the new portal, an updated version of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) Employer Stream Guidelines is in effect as of June 10, 2020. The updated Guidelines are available on www.immigratenwt.ca/en/employer-support
ECE regularly updates and revises its program criteria to enhance program integrity and efficiency. These changes will better assist employers in addressing their critical labour market needs, improve upon the delivery of the Nominee Program, and include:
- Stream name change from Critical Impact Worker (CIW) to Entry Level Semi-Skilled Occupations (ELSSO);
- Nominee applicants to the Entry Level Semi-Skilled category (formally Critical Impact Worker) will have to submit their bank statements for the most recent three months;
- Job Advertisement validity period is now set at 12 months for all Employer Driven Stream categories;
- Language proficiency requirement for the Skilled Worker/NWT Express Entry category will now mirror Federal requirements, and require Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 for NOC 0 & A in French or English;
- The Skilled Worker and NWT Express Entry category will now require past work experience to be within the last ten years.
- NWT Employment Standards verification form (NTNP09) is not required anymore, as compliance with Employment Standards is done internally during the application assessment.
Please review the program guidelines to see all the Nominee Program changes.
For applicants who are in the application process prior to the effective date, please note that the new Guidelines do not apply.
Thank you for your valued involvement in the NTNP. Please let us know if you have any questions via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 1-855-440-5450.