The Nominee Program can help employers recruit and hire critically needed and skilled workers. Many foreign nationals are well educated and motivated for success. They often possess high levels of skills and work experience, and may speak several other languages. They bring fresh perspectives and approaches to work processes, management styles and business relationships. This diversity can improve problem solving and promote new ideas and innovation.
The Northwest Territories is a small jurisdiction so employers have the benefit of attentive service from staff as they prepare their applications to nominate foreign nationals. Program staff work closely with employers who are interested in the program, resulting in real time conversation and the ability for employers to get quick results.
The benefits to employers who participate in the Nominee Program include:
- an opportunity to permanently hire foreign nationals already on staff,
- the ability to hire foreign nationals without obtaining a LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment)
- an effective contact/team to support them through the application process
- a widened scope for job searches for qualified foreign nationals (nationally)
- retention of skilled workers